This Product is discontinued, please contact us if you are still interested.
Compact and cost effective spectral light detector for conventional and LED lighting. Features: simple intuitive operation, photopic and scotopic illuminance measurement, color properties, CCT, CRI, PAR, Bilirubin. Plug & Play connection via USB including software.
Some light measurement applications require the light sensor to be installed within a measurement system or operated remotely. Industrial applications often require integration with PLC systems. Continuous and remote operation requires light measurement sensors to be robust. For such tasks, Gigahertz-Optik offers the compact spectral light sensor CSS-45. It is a precise spectroradiometer covering the wavelength range 360 nm to 830 nm.
Spectroradiometer sensor with outstanding light measurement characteristics
- Individual wavelength and linearity correction guarantee precise measurements of light sources irrespective of intensity and spectral distribution.
- Mathematical bandwidth correction according to CIE 214 for accurate colorimetric measurements.
- Another unique feature of the CSS-45 is its electromechanical shutter which enables the remote-controlled dark adjustment of the sensor. This is essential for temperature-independent and long-term operation of array spectrometers.
- Diffuser with a precise cosine adjustment (f2 ≤ 1.5 %) for measuring the illuminance and irradiance of extended light sources and lighting equipment.
- Wide range of illuminance measurement from 1 lx to 350.000 lx, covering applications from emergency lighting to broad daylight conditions.
Robust and compact
The compact metal housing features an M6 threaded hole and a V-groove around the device for universal attachment of the CSS-45. The dimensions are given in the technical drawing available for download. The housing with its splash-proof electrical connectors meets the requirements of protection class IP62. For IP65 rated protection, a sensor variant with glass dome is required.
Interfaces and Software
The sensor offers both an RS-485 and a USB interface for remote operation. The addressable RS-485 interface allows very long supply lines. Multiple CSS-45 sensors can be operated together under RS-485 control as well as in USB remote operation. In addition to the provided end-user software, a software development kit (SDK) is optionally available for simplified integration of the sensor into user written software.
Numerous metrics for a wide field of measurement applications
The CSS-45 includes an integrated processor. It calculates a comprehensive set of radiometric, photometric and colorimetric quantities from the measured spectral measurement data.
Additional metrics support further applications:
- Horticultural lighting – PAR measurement Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density (PPFD) in μmol/m²s
- Human Centric Lighting – melanopic irradiance and illuminance (CIE S 026:2018), melanopic daylight equivalent illuminance
- Phototherapy – total irradiance for bilirubin, Ebi, in mW/cm2 (IEC 60601-2-50) as well as average spectral irradiance in μW/cm2/nm (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- The light sensor CSS-45 can be combined with the control unit CSS-D in order to be used as a handheld light meter.
Traceable factory calibration
Spectroradiometer sensor CSS-45
CSS-45 cosine field of view.
Angle dependent f2 error of CSS-45.
Typical spectral responsivity.
Use of CSS-45 as a handheld instrument by combining it with the control unit CSS-D