We offer solutions for many optical measurement applications in the UV/VIS/NIR radiometry and photometry. In the following sections you can find a selection of these applications. Feel free to contact us if you are interested or you need a solution for a more specific application.
LED Manufacturing and Assembling
The manufacture of LEDs and LED based products requires specialized measurement technology for the accurate measurement of light intensity, spectral power distribution, color and other quantities. Gigahertz-Optik GmbH offers a comprehensive range of LED light measuring devices, accessories and calibrations. Some example uses of Gigahertz-Optik GmbH products within the field of LED manufacturing and processing follow.
General and special lighting
General and Special Lighting
Lighting covers a diversity of applications from general purpose illumination to special uses within the automotive and aviation industries as well as horticulture and many other niche areas. Gigahertz-Optik GmbH produces an extensive range of light measuring instruments for both LED and traditional lighting technologies. Some typical application examples using Gigahertz-Optik GmbH products follow.
Optical radiation, especially in the ultraviolet region, is potentially hazardous to skin and eyes. Gigahertz-Optik GmbH produces optical radiation measuring devices to determine the UV radiation (skin and eye), blue light (eye) and infrared (skin) hazards in accordance with international standards. Some typical application examples of Gigahertz-Optik GmbH products are listed in this chapter.
The precise measurement of natural solar radiation is an important requirement for atmospheric research, the measurement of the total ozone column and the determination of UV index. Additionally, renewable energy research and the use of artificial sources such as solar simulators require accurate optical radiation measurement data. Gigahertz-Optik GmbH has been an active partner of the solar community since 1986 as both a manufacturer of measuring instruments and a service provider.
UV radiation is widely used in many industrial processes, primarily for curing, purification and sterilization. The measurement of high-energy ultraviolet radiation places particular demands on the design and calibration of suitable instrumentation. Gigahertz-Optik GmbH offers a comprehensive product range of instruments and measurement accessories for measuring high energy ultraviolet radiation, a selection of which are presented in the application examples on this page.
Laser Radiation Measurements
Gigahertz-Optik GmbH produces instruments for measuring optical radiation from the lasers and laser diodes that are widely used in measurement, analytical and telecommunication equipment as well as in sensor technologies. The product range includes instruments for measuring continuous, modulated and pulsed radiation.
Photomedicine uses special optical radiation sources for therapeutic, diagnostic, endoscopic, illumination and dental curing purposes. Gigahertz-Optik GmbH produces a wide range of measuring instruments that measure the intensity and efficacy of these sources. There follows some example applications using Gigahertz-Optik GmbH products.
Image Sensors and Cameras
The testing and characterization of devices such as image sensors, industrial cameras, hyperspectral imaging sensors and optoelectronic detectors requires the use of light sources with highly uniform light distribution. Gigahertz-Optik GmbH produces a wide range of homogenous (uniform) light sources with integrating spheres and LED panels with which the uniformity and performance of image sensors and industrial cameras can be determined. Some application examples are presented on this page.
Optical material properties
Optical Material Properties
The optical properties of materials include such measures as reflection, transmission, absorption, fluorescence and photoluminescence. Gigahertz-Optik GmbH offers measuring instruments and accessories, calibration standards, and calibration services for measuring optical material properties. Application examples from these product ranges are presented on this page.
List of all Applications
- App001 Temperature effect on LEDs
- App002 Board mounted LED measure
- App003 Spectroradiometer Requirements for LED Binning
- App004 QC of LED spotlights
- App005 SSL of indoor work places
- App006 LED grow lights measure
- App007 Human Centric Lighting measure
- App008 Flicker of SSL products
- App009 Assessment of Blue Light Hazard from Artificial Light Sources
- App010 Non-laser optical radiation safety
- App011 Sun tanning studios
- App012 UV-C disinfection measure
- App013 Personal dosimetry of UV
- App014 UV radiation of arc welding
- App015 Traceable calibration solar radiation
- App016 Climatic challenges solar radiation
- App017 Solar irradiance for UV index
- App018 Total ozone column
- App019 Irradiance Measurement of High-Power UV Light Sources (UV Curing)
- App020 Uncertainty for UV radiometers
- App021 Irradiance Measurement of UV LED Curing Equipment
- App022 High Speed Integrating Spheres and Detectors for Pulse Energy and Pulse Waveform Measurement of Lasers/VCSELs
- App023 UV laser confocal microscopes
- App024 Laser rangefinders power & energy
- App025 Bilirubin effective irradiance
- App026 UV phototherapy dosimetry
- App027 Pulsed excimer laser dosimetry
- App028 Total flux of PDT fibres
- App029 Sphere sources continuous spectrum
- App030 EMVA 1288 imaging devices
- App031 Compact spectral radiance sphere
- App032 Source for rain & light sensors
- App033 Veiling glare of imaging systems
- App034 Transmission of large glass panes
- App035 Sphere design for material properties
- App036 Calibration of 8/d reflection
- App037 High-Performance Light Source for Material Testing or Aging Tests with a Sun-Like Spectrum AM1.5
- App038 UV measuring devices for mask aligners (lithography)
- App039 Reflectance Standards for LiDAR, Camera and Spectral Imaging
- App040 Germicidal UV Standards
- App041 Measurement Solutions in Automotive Applications
- App042 Laser Power Measurement
- App043 UV/VIS/NIR spectroscopy for turbid/scattering samples and 8°/d for all samples
- App044 IEC 61215 and IEC 61646 UV Preconditioning Tests of PV Modules