This Product is discontinued, please refer to the Alternatives shown below under Similar Products or contact us directly.
Alternative Products for this discontinued product:
X1-RCH-116 LED UV Curing Meter
UV Curing Radiometer for high intensity LED (UV-A and Blue) irradiation in UV curing processes
- Optimized for precise UV Curing measurements
- High Stability in High-Temperature Environment and under Intense UV Radiation, as is common in UV curing systems
- Especially designed for LED UV Curing Light Sources (UV-A and Blue Light)
- Four-Channel USB Optometer with separate UV Irradiance Detector Including Calibration for low measurement uncertainty
- Individual Calibration Entries ensures that UV Curing Dose is correctly measured for the spectral emission range of the LED curing light source
UV Curing Industry uses UV-A and Blue Light Radiation
In optical curing applications, liquids (e.g. inks, coatings and adhesives) are excited by irradiation with high-intensity UV-A and blue light radiation. The UV curing or Blue Light curing process is activated by photoinitiators absorbing the UV or blue light energy which triggers the polymerization reactions (see Photoinitiators for UV and visible curing of coatings: Mechanisms and properties). In the past, only gas discharge lamps provided sufficient intensity within the photoinitiators’ wavelength range for this purpose. Today, these are increasingly being replaced by LEDs for UV Curing that emit in the UV and blue spectral range. In order to ensure optimal triggering of the polymerization, the irradiance of the UV lamp must be set in accordance with the corresponding process parameters. In continuous operation, the constancy of the irradiance must be regulated and readjusted when necessary depending on the aging of the lamps. The required UV radiometer, especially its detector, must be able to withstand the high-intensity UV and blue light radiation as well as the relatively high temperatures.
See also our application page about accurate UV Curing and Blue Light Curing Measurements.
Curing Radiometer with Detector for Measurement of UV Curing Systems
The X1-1 RCH-116-4 UV Radiometer features an X1 four-channel optometer and an RCH-116 high intensity and high temperature resistant irradiance detector. This combination is ideal for measuring irradiance of high power Curing LEDs in the UV-A and blue light range. UV curing light sources appear in different geometries. Our detector design allows precise measurements of curing with UV light applications by spot light sources, line arrays and floodlight systems.
- Accurately measure of high irradiance levels of up to 40,000 mW/cm²
- Spectral responsivity 365 nm - 440 nm (UV to blue)
- Cosine corrected field of view (f2) for low measurement uncertainty with extended area radiators
- Calibrated at six UV LED and blue LED peak/centroid wavelengths for LED UV curing and UV led curing systems
- Performs accurate measurements for 6 standard LED wavelengths
- Sensor’s housing serves as a handle
- High-end signal amplifier supports usable dynamic range from less than 1 mW/cm² to 40,000 mW/cm²
- Portable UV Curing Meter suitable for use in the field
One of the outstanding features of the RCH-116-4 UV and Blue Light Curing Detector is its proven concept of a passive radiation absorber coupled to a UV sensor. This provides stability even in high temperature and intense UV and Blue radiation environments. In addition to the passive radiation absorber, the device also has a cosine-corrected field of view. In addition to the CW measurement function, the device also has a dose measurement function. The radiometer can be used with other detectors from the RCH High Temperature and Intensity Detector Series. e.g. for gas discharge lamps. Remote control of the device is possible via its user software and a software development kit is offered for integration of the device in the user’s own software.
Calibration of a UV Curing Meter
One essential quality feature of photometric devices is their precise and traceable calibration. The RCH-116-4 detector is calibrated for standard Curing LED wavelengths: 365 nm, 375 nm, 385 nm, 395 nm, 405 nm, and 430 nm. The calibration is performed by Gigahertz-Optik’s ISO 17025 calibration and testing laboratory allows highest accuracy since is accredited by DAkkS (D-K-15047-01-00) for the spectral responsivity and spectral irradiance according to ISO/IEC 17025. The calibration and calibration values are confirmed by a calibration certificate for every detector.
UV Curing Radiometer with a separate RCH-116-4 detector for measurement of high-power LED lamps in UV-A and blue light radiation curing
Typical spectral responsivity of detector RCH-116 with the six calibration wavelength for lowester measurement uncertainty respectively highest accuracy for common LEDs in UV and Blue-light curing application
1) RCH-116-4 detector 2) Passive radiation absorber 3) fiber 4) Handle (with UV photodiode and filters) outside the UV radiation area 5) X1-1 Radiometer 6) UV irradiation