This Product is discontinued, please refer to the Alternatives shown below under Similar Products or contact us directly.
Fast Flicker Meter (amplifier) for photodiode detectors with BNC connector
- Flicker measurement according to CIE:TN-006, IEC TR 61547, IEC TR 63158, Mp ASSIST, JA10, IES:RP-16-10, IEEE 1789-2015, etc.
- For all photodiode detectors (photovoltaic operation)
- BNC input connector (suits Gigahertz Optik type -1 connectors)
- Validated Flicker measurements in Intercomparison campaigns (same amplifier as BTS256-EF)
Manufacturers of lamps and luminaires for general lighting purposes must consider light flicker when qualifying product safety in terms of EMC immunity requirements. In addition to the influence of mains voltage fluctuations, flicker effects caused by the lamp and the luminaire itself must be taken into account.
With the PFL-200, Gigahertz Optik GmbH, a renowned measuring device manufacturer, offers a light flicker amplifier for all BNC detectors. Combined with a programmable AC source, the PFL-200 becomes a comprehensive flicker test system for lamps and luminaires including voltage fluctuation immunity tests IEC TR 61547-1:2017. See technical article about TLA. If spectral measurements are needed as well the BTS256-EF instead of the PFL-200 would be the perfect solution.
PFL-200 – Flicker meter
In its function as a light-flicker meter, the PFL-200 supports all current flicker measurements:
- Percent Flicker (IEEE Std 1789-2015, IES: RP-16-10, CIE:TN-006, CIE:TN-012)
- Flicker Index (IEEE Std 1789-2015, IES: RP-16-10, CIE:TN-006, CIE:TN-012)
- FFT Frequency component analysis
- Pst Short term flicker severity (CIE:TN-006, CIE:TN-012, IEC TR 61547)
- Stroboscopic Visibility Measure, SVM (CIE:TN-006, CIE:TN-012, IEC TR 63158)
- Mp ASSIST Flicker perception metric
- Joint Appendix JA10
In addition, the PFL-200 allows flicker tests according to IEC TR 61547 when operated in combination with power supply LPS-CH-500. These tests aim to probe flicker stability when light sources are operated in an AC circuit under the influence of disturbance signals.
User Software S-BTS256
The PFL-200 is operated with the comprehensive and powerful S-BTS256 software. This allows a variety of evaluations such as SVM and Pst.
Calibration of the PFL-200
One essential quality feature of a transimpedance amplifier is their precise and traceable current calibration of all ranges. Every PFL-200 device is delivered with its respective calibration certificate.
Options for the PFL-200 flicker amplifier
- Software development kit for integration of the device in the user’s own software
- In combination with software tool S-T-Flicker and the programmable AC Source LPS-CH-500 Gigahertz-Optik GmbH offers a functional extension of the BTS256-EF for an test system according to the IEC TR 61547-1:2017 Equipment for general lighting purposes - EMC immunity requirements - Part 1: An objective light flicker and fluctuation immunity test method.
PFL-200 for BNC detectors for fast flicker measurements
VL-3702 as exemplary detector to be used (optional)
S-BTS256 software for flicker and light evaluation